With the lack of widgets built into iOS, the desire to perform actions quicker is usually requested. Some people turn to jailbreaking to achieve quicker access to apps and settings, but I believe most users would rather not deal with the extra work. URL schemes have become more popular with launcher apps which allow for apps to communicate with each other in a certain way. Whether if it is to open the app or to perform an action in the app, url schemes can make sharing data easier.
Launch+ aims to help alleviate some of the troubles of sharing data across apps. By using url schemes, apps can be opened and data can be shared across iOS. Launch+ also includes reminders which can remind you to launch an app or send a text message to someone. Does the iPad need a launcher app since there is a considerable amount of more room for more apps? Read on after the break to see. (more…)
Once It’s Gone, It’s Gone…
We’ve seen a fantastic response to the Freelance Mac App Bundle over the past week, and thousands of our readers have taken advantage of the awesome deal we put together. If you haven’t picked up your copy already, there isn’t long left! In 24 hours time, the doors will close and we’ll stop accepting any more orders.
Just as a quick reminder, for the next 24 hours, you can get your hands on all the following for the rock-bottom price of $49:
We’re featuring eight awesome applications that can make your life easier, and more enjoyable, as a freelancer. These are:
- Billings – Powerful time billing and invoicing for anyone (Usually $39.99)
- TextExpander – Save time and keystrokes with frequently used “snippet” abbreviations (Usually $34.95)
- WriteRoom – The best distraction-free writing environment (Usually $24.99)
- Radium – The easiest way to listen to internet radio on Mac (Usually $24.99)
- Arq – Online backup built especially for the Mac (Usually $29)
- LittleSnapper – Build up your own versatile design scrapbook (Usually $29)
- 1Password – Have you ever forgotten a password? Never again (Usually $39.99)
- Alarms – Prioritise and track your daily tasks (Usually $16.80)
In addition to the above apps, we’re also throwing in a few fantastic Envato marketplace items:
- Highlight WordPress Theme (Usually $35)
- Ultimate Client Manager (Usually $20)
- Translucent Business Card Template (Usually $6)
- Rockstar Freelancer eBook (Usually $29)
And a Free eBook!
Even if the bundle isn’t for you, anyone can grab a free copy of Smashing Magazine’s Successful Freelancing eBook, worth $9.95, just for sending out a tweet about the bundle! Head over to the bundle page to find out more, and grab your free eBook.
Don’t Miss Out! Grab the Bundle Today
This awesome offer will only be available for 24 hours, and we’d hate for you to miss out. After the timer hits zero, you’ll never see another offer of this magnitude again – don’t be kicking yourself when you realise the bundle is no longer available tomorrow!